College Diploma on
GD College offers a five-month-long esthetician program for students who want to be a part of the growing cosmetology industry in Calgary. Our beauty school in Calgary has a 5-month long program, broken down into 32 hours per week, with the option of morning, evening, afternoon, or weekend classes. Whether you are employed, unemployed, or just looking for a career change, GD College offers different options for everyone. If you are currently working, our flexible class times make it easier for you to graduate.
Our teachers are also the industry's best professionals excelling in their careers and have experience from teaching in beauty schools throughout Calgary. They do one-on-one training with you and also help you build your skillset in our cosmetology school and start working immediately with confidence.
For information about other programs, please click below:
What will you learn?
You will receive one-on-one, hands-on training, and theory classes from the industry’s best professionals who are excelling in their beauty business and also have tremendous knowledge in the cosmetology school field.
Our goal is for you to graduate with confidence and build clientele. The licensed esthetician program will prepare you with skills and knowledge to perform all esthetician services such as facials, waxing, manicure, pedicure, lash lifts, makeup and hair application.
Our beauty school in Calgary has instructors that ensure students receive the highest marks possible for all Government Esthetician exams.
The program objective is to provide students with knowledge, competencies, and professional skills with both basic and advanced techniques to excel in the field.
• Students will learn to provide all Spa Services
• Students will be able to provide Skincare Consultations and Specialty Skincare Treatments
• Students will master their skill set in Makeup Artistry and Hairstyling
• Students will be able to use a range of specialized equipment, which complies with national, provincial, and other industry regulated standards
• Students will be able to follow all Infection Control Provincial Standards
• Students will be able to Identify Business and Marketing Skills required to start a small business or work at a salon or spa
• Students will graduate with the knowledge and understanding to apply all relevant skills to provide the best services
Our students graduate with the knowledge and competencies to start a business or find a job in their desired field.
• Salon or Spa Owner
• Freelance Hair & Makeup Artist
• Cosmetics Buyer
• Manufacturer’s Representative
• Beauty Editor
• State Licensing Inspector
• State Board Member
• Product Development
• Esthetician on Cruise Ships
• Product Developer
• Sales and Management in Cosmetics
• TV & Film Makeup Artist
- Infection Control
- Chemistry & Electricity
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Skin Science & Skincare Ingredients
- Business Seminar
- Advanced Facials
- Brazilian Waxing
- Gel Polish
- Lash & Eyebrow Tinting
- Lash Lifting
- Makeup Artistry Level 1
- Makeup Artistry Level 2
- Bridal Makeup
- Hairstyling Level 1
- Hairstyling Level 2